With the weather getting warmer, now is a great time for homeowners to undertake a DIY project or two to make their properties just a little better or more beautiful. That kind of effort this early in the year may go a long way toward giving families the ability to enjoy their improvements for many months to come.
For instance, handier homeowners might be able to improve their properties by re-purposing some existing furniture or even building something of their own, according to Popsugar. For instance, it may not be that difficult or time-consuming to upholster an old bench - perhaps something one might find at a garage sale - to put in the entryway of a home and really beautify it without a big financial investment.
Along similar lines, it probably won't be difficult for many people with a little experience using tools to make small console tables or shelving that can fill empty corners of the home and provide a little more storage space for the family.
Meanwhile, many homeowners may also be able to add a little color to their homes by simply bringing more plants into it, according to True Value Projects. Caring for big, leafy plants usually isn't that difficult, as all that's often required is providing them with some light and a comfortable temperature. Doing just a little research will let homeowners know exactly how much they should be watering their plants, and the best ways to care for them.
Just taking a few simple steps like this can really help any house feel a little more like home, even for owners who have lived in them for years.
- Real Estate Technology
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Marketing
- Broker Insights
- Real Estate Life
- Real Estate Tips
- Home DIY
- Real Estate Market News
- Real Estate Market Updates
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Sales & Marketing
- Tips for Real Estate Professionals
- Home Warranty Videos
- Design & DIY
- Real Estate Marketing & Technology
- Finance & Economics
- Going Green
- Home Maintenance
- Technology - Agent Tools
- New methods for connecting with clients can go a long way
- Referrals are crucial for sellers' agents
- Utilize new tools to find new leads
- Aspire to be the best agent possible this selling season
- Agents should know about phone security
- Tweak what worked before for a new marketing method
- Working with an agent can reduce stress for buyers and sellers
- Real estate agents have strong job prospects
- March DIY home design ideas
- Is it time to redecorate the old office?