The game has changed for many real estate professionals nationwide. The things shoppers used to ask agents - neighborhood demographics, the quality of local schools and more - are now easily searchable online.
As such, agents may have to switch up the kind of expertise they can provide, by doing more than just monitoring online data about the areas where they live, according to Inman. By mixing that information, which they should look up on a regular basis, they may be able to highlight aspects of an area that people might not know about.
What do people want?
Today's homebuyers come to their agents armed with plenty of data, but they may not have been able to find online details that fall into the category of "things only locals would know." That's the kind of knowledge agents can implement to tailor the information they impart to people. For instance, would-be buyers with young kids might be impressed when agents can let them know exactly which local school has the best art teacher or where to get the best pizza.
Local data still vital
Of course, shifting preferences don't mean eschewing online data, according to Home Junction. Keeping up with the latest annual statistics about school class sizes, cost of living, the kinds of homes that sell in an area and so on can go a long way as well. Having the ability to mix a clear knowledge of local information with some tricks and tips only long-time residents know can truly ingratiate any agent to prospective buyers.
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Technology
- Broker Insights
- Real Estate Marketing
- Real Estate Tips
- Real Estate Life
- Real Estate Market News
- Home DIY
- Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Real Estate Market Updates
- Sales & Marketing
- Tips for Real Estate Professionals
- Home Warranty Videos
- Design & DIY
- Real Estate Marketing & Technology
- Finance & Economics
- Going Green
- Home Maintenance
- Technology - Agent Tools
- New methods for connecting with clients can go a long way
- Referrals are crucial for sellers' agents
- Utilize new tools to find new leads
- Aspire to be the best agent possible this selling season
- Agents should know about phone security
- Tweak what worked before for a new marketing method
- Working with an agent can reduce stress for buyers and sellers
- Real estate agents have strong job prospects
- March DIY home design ideas
- Is it time to redecorate the old office?