Is a holiday meal really complete without a warm loaf of pumpkin bread? Individuals with celiac disease or those on a gluten-free diet probably skip this classic treat, but you won't have to this year. Use this recipe to make a delicious bread that everyone at the party can enjoy.
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Cooking spray.
Once you've gathered the ingredients, you're ready to start baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice until well combined. Place dry mixture to the side.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine vanilla, butter and sugar. Beat ingredients with a mixer on medium speed until light and creamy.
- Add eggs to wet mixture one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir the pumpkin puree into the wet mixture.
- Begin adding the flour mixture into the wet ingredients, a little at a time. Combine with the mixer on low, scraping the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Continue adding flour mixture until ingredients are all well combined.
- If desired, fold in dried fruit, chocolate or nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 50 minutes to an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 to 20 minutes. Turn bread out onto wire rack and let cool before serving.
There you have it, a delicious, gluten-free treat that's perfect for the holidays. Guests will never guess that your loaf is gluten-free because it tastes as good as traditional pumpkin bread.
The information in these articles is intended to provide guidance on the proper maintenance and care of systems and appliances in the home. Not all of the topics mentioned are covered by our home warranty or maintenance plans. Please review your home warranty contract carefully to understand your coverage.
- 4 easy fire prevention tips for your home
- Did you know these simple tricks may fix your appliances?
- 3 appliances that can become fire hazards
- How to file a claim through HMS
- Did you know- these 3 common problems could spell disaster for your heating system?
- Baby it's cold outside: How to maintain your heating system
- Did you know: certain foods should never go down your garbage disposal
- 4 reasons to renew your home warranty
- How to get your appliances ready for the holiday season
- Do you need a home warranty?