If your refrigerator isn't cooling your food or your washer won't drain, you need a repairman, and you need him fast! Nothing puts a cramp in your day-to-day activities like working around a broken appliance and waiting for a service professional to show up. When choosing a repairman, you'll want to make sure they're qualified and will get the job done quickly and efficiently.
With HMS home warranty
If your faulty appliance is covered by an HMS home warranty, there's no need to sort through the phone book to find a repairman. Instead, just call HMS customer service and report your claim. There are representatives available 24/7, or you can file a claim online! HMS will contact a pre-screened service professional for you, and your appliance will get the attention it needs in no time. With HMS, you know you're getting a repairman you can trust.
In the Yellow Pages
If you aren't covered by an HMS home warranty, you can always find a service professional the old fashion way: in the Yellow Pages. When you're using a directory to find a repairman, Doc Savage Heating and Air Inc. explained that you'll want to ensure that every company you consider is licensed, bonded and insured. This will protect both of you if anything goes wrong. It's also a good idea to look for companies that guarantee their work. If possible, ask neighbors or friends if they've used any of the service professionals before and what their experience was like. Finally, get estimates in writing to ensure you won't be overcharged.
The information in these articles is intended to provide guidance on the proper maintenance and care of systems and appliances in the home. Not all of the topics mentioned are covered by our home warranty or maintenance plans. Please review your home warranty contract carefully to understand your coverage.
- 4 easy fire prevention tips for your home
- Did you know these simple tricks may fix your appliances?
- 3 appliances that can become fire hazards
- How to file a claim through HMS
- Did you know- these 3 common problems could spell disaster for your heating system?
- Baby it's cold outside: How to maintain your heating system
- Did you know: certain foods should never go down your garbage disposal
- 4 reasons to renew your home warranty
- How to get your appliances ready for the holiday season
- Do you need a home warranty?