If you're buying a new home and thinking about purchasing an HMS Home Warranty, you might be wondering if you are required to have a home inspection. The answer is that you don't need to have your home inspected to purchase a home warranty; however, we always recommend that you have one. Here are a few reasons why a home inspection is a valuable tool when buying a new home.
Your new home may look stellar upon first glance, but a home inspection can tell you whether everything is in working condition. Home Finder explained that an experienced inspector will look closely at all the systems and structural elements of your home. This includes electrical wiring, plumbing and major appliances and systems. It's essential to know if these items are in proper working condition, as your HMS warranty will only cover items that are working on the plan's effective date. A home inspector will be able to spot problems that you might have missed and allow you to take action to get them fixed.
If the inspector does find any problems with your home's structure, appliances or systems, he or she will give you a final report and list all the defects. This allows you to present the problems to the seller and request repairs be made. If you have all the issues ironed out by the time your HMS warranty goes into effect, you can rest assured knowing that any mechanical problems will be covered! That means you'll have more money to budget on upgrades and other home improvement projects and can spend less on appliance and system repairs.
The information in these articles is intended to provide guidance on the proper maintenance and care of systems and appliances in the home. Not all of the topics mentioned are covered by our home warranty or maintenance plans. Please review your home warranty contract carefully to understand your coverage.
- 4 easy fire prevention tips for your home
- Did you know these simple tricks may fix your appliances?
- 3 appliances that can become fire hazards
- How to file a claim through HMS
- Did you know- these 3 common problems could spell disaster for your heating system?
- Baby it's cold outside: How to maintain your heating system
- Did you know: certain foods should never go down your garbage disposal
- 4 reasons to renew your home warranty
- How to get your appliances ready for the holiday season
- Do you need a home warranty?