It's only natural that you'll want to upgrade an appliance. It seems that options are endless when it comes to microwaves, dishwashers, refrigerators, freezers and other household items. But the question is - does your HMS warranty cover the upgrade?
The simple answer is no. However, don't be discouraged from making a purchase you've always wanted. Everyone deserves to live in his or her dream home, so go ahead and splurge.
Although the warranty doesn't cover the price of an upgrade, you can apply for a claims credit for covered mechanically failed systems or appliances. If you receive the credit, it can be used in conjunction with deep discounts offered through HMS's Appliance Buyline program. You may end up saving more money this way than heading to your local store to find a new dishwasher or washing machine.
If you have any questions as to how to apply for the credit, or what items are offered through the aforementioned program, contact an HMS representative. He or she can help you with any questions or concerns 24 hours per day, 365 days a week.
The information in these articles is intended to provide guidance on the proper maintenance and care of systems and appliances in the home. Not all of the topics mentioned are covered by our home warranty or maintenance plans. Please review your home warranty contract carefully to understand your coverage.
- 4 easy fire prevention tips for your home
- Did you know these simple tricks may fix your appliances?
- 3 appliances that can become fire hazards
- How to file a claim through HMS
- Did you know- these 3 common problems could spell disaster for your heating system?
- Baby it's cold outside: How to maintain your heating system
- Did you know: certain foods should never go down your garbage disposal
- 4 reasons to renew your home warranty
- How to get your appliances ready for the holiday season
- Do you need a home warranty?