If you have an HMS home warranty, getting a faulty appliance or system fixed is a cinch. Your warranty addresses the repair and replacement of covered systems or appliances with mechanical failures, so whether your washer, water heater or air conditioner isn't working, make sure to call us. Our friendly service representatives will help you file a claim and get your item back in tip-top shape.
Many customers have asked if they can hire a third-party contractor to make repairs in their homes. To utilize the warranty, you need to use a preapproved service provider. Unfortunately, homeowners won't be reimbursed for repairs performed by an unapproved company. So before you call a local repairman, contact the HMS Customer Care Center! A representative will provide you with service providers in your area. In many cases, the repairman you wanted to use will be on the list.
If you've frequently used a service provider and think other HMS customers would benefit from his or her expertise, HMS welcomes contractor recommendations. Simply send us the company's contact information, and we'll reach out to see if he or she would be a good fit for the HMS home warranty network.
The information in these articles is intended to provide guidance on the proper maintenance and care of systems and appliances in the home. Not all of the topics mentioned are covered by our home warranty or maintenance plans. Please review your home warranty contract carefully to understand your coverage.
- 4 easy fire prevention tips for your home
- Did you know these simple tricks may fix your appliances?
- 3 appliances that can become fire hazards
- How to file a claim through HMS
- Did you know- these 3 common problems could spell disaster for your heating system?
- Baby it's cold outside: How to maintain your heating system
- Did you know: certain foods should never go down your garbage disposal
- 4 reasons to renew your home warranty
- How to get your appliances ready for the holiday season
- Do you need a home warranty?