Spring cleaning usually means getting on your hands and knees to scrub down the house. But you can make a lot of progress and still enjoy yourself by cleaning up your eating habits with these delicious and healthy foods.
Spring fruits. Strawberries are at the peak of their season from April to June, so early spring into summer is a great time to get your fill. Strawberries are great on their own and can also be added to fruit salad or smoothies to for an even tastier treat without sacrificing their health benefits. Later in the spring, cherries come into season, making it the perfect time to bake them into a cherry pie. By adding a slice of lemon or lime to a glass of water, you can make a drink that's more refreshing and better for you than anything you could get at the store.
Artichokes. High in fiber and a number of important nutrients, artichokes will keep you full and fit. Artichokes can help keep your liver, colon and gall bladder in working order, and they may play a part in fighting cancer. They are best enjoyed with salad, pasta or in dips.
Bieler's Broth. Developed by Dr. Harry Bieler in the 1950s, according to a Daily Herald article, this simple soup is thought to help restore the body to health, and is delicious in any case. It's a simple mixture of steamed and blended green beans, zucchini, parsley and celery, but it can be enhanced with other healthful foods to fit your taste.
These aren't the only options for healthy spring treats, of course. Foods like beets, onions, peas and beans are great in the spring and can be easily added to your favorite meal. For dessert, consider apricots or rhubarb pie to have a snack that's as tasty as it is healthy.
The information in these articles is intended to provide guidance on the proper maintenance and care of systems and appliances in the home. Not all of the topics mentioned are covered by our home warranty or maintenance plans. Please review your home warranty contract carefully to understand your coverage.
- 4 easy fire prevention tips for your home
- Did you know these simple tricks may fix your appliances?
- 3 appliances that can become fire hazards
- How to file a claim through HMS
- Did you know- these 3 common problems could spell disaster for your heating system?
- Baby it's cold outside: How to maintain your heating system
- Did you know: certain foods should never go down your garbage disposal
- 4 reasons to renew your home warranty
- How to get your appliances ready for the holiday season
- Do you need a home warranty?