A few years back, Siri was probably your go-to gal when you wanted to impress your friends. You'd ask, "Siri, what's the capital of Connecticut?" Only on rare occasions would Siri reply, "I don't know that one." That was then and this is now.
Today, Siri offers more features than ever, and many of the latest tricks will make your life a lot easier. Here are five ways to use Siri whether you're on a run, out for an evening drive or just feeling extra lazy.
1. Command Siri without the home button
Go into your iPhone's settings and select "Hey Siri," which enables you to activate the assistant without pressing the home button. The caveat is that the device has to be plugged into a power source. This is perfect for an afternoon drive because when you need something, just say "Hey Siri." She'll be awaiting your next command.
2. Request a song
Use Siri as your personal DJ while you drive by asking for a song, album or artist. Wired.com confirmed that with the release of iOS 8, the already musically-inclined voice-activated technology offers more assistance. Instead of playing around with your phone to access Shazam, you can ask Siri for the name of a song playing on the radio. You can even interrupt the song to rate it, which is useful in compiling smart playlists of your favorite musicians.
3. Ask Siri to read your texts
Don't even think about glancing at your screen to read that text from your daughter- not with this fancy new feature at-hand. Business Insider explained that you can ask Siri to read back your most recent text and even reply to it via a quick response. It's perfect for when you're on the go.
4. Learn other questions to ask
Jonny Evans, Computer World's self-proclaimed "Apple Holic," or guy who's constantly thinking about Apple, pointed out that you can ask Siri what questions you should be asking. Instead of sitting around scratching your head for your next inquiry, say, "Siri what questions can I ask you," and she'll supply a list of 24 categories to choose from.
5. Give yourself a new nickname
You can make Siri call you anything you'd like, just command her then say, "Siri, call me Tarzan," and she'll follow up to make sure she's got it right. There's no limit on the amount of times you can change your name. Play around and come up with a new moniker every week if it tickles your fancy.
The information in these articles is intended to provide guidance on the proper maintenance and care of systems and appliances in the home. Not all of the topics mentioned are covered by our home warranty or maintenance plans. Please review your home warranty contract carefully to understand your coverage.
- 4 easy fire prevention tips for your home
- Did you know these simple tricks may fix your appliances?
- 3 appliances that can become fire hazards
- How to file a claim through HMS
- Did you know- these 3 common problems could spell disaster for your heating system?
- Baby it's cold outside: How to maintain your heating system
- Did you know: certain foods should never go down your garbage disposal
- 4 reasons to renew your home warranty
- How to get your appliances ready for the holiday season
- Do you need a home warranty?