With fall right around the corner, it's time to start thinking about decorating your home for the season. The best part is that updating your decor for autumn doesn't have to be expensive. Try these three tips to decorate for fall on a budget.
1. Mason jars
If you enjoy DIY projects, mason jars are great options for a fall makeover. With a little bit of paint, you can make chic vases in beautiful autumn tones. You can also fill the clear jars with fall-themed small objects such as dried corn kernels, acorns or candy corn. Tie a ribbon in a coordinating color around the neck of the jar.
For a less crafty option, simply place a votive candle in the bottom of a mason jar. Put candles in three jars of varying sizes to create a decorative display.
Nothing says fall like fresh gourds. You can usually find a variety of small pumpkins, squashes and other decorative produce for an inexpensive price at your local grocery store. Choose half a dozen and arrange them in a small basket filled with straw.
If you're feeling crafty, Country Living magazine suggested decorating your gourds with paint. Metallic spray paint can be used to put a modern spin on an otherwise rustic display. You can also hollow out the squashes and turn them into candle holders. But be warned, the gourds will rot faster if they've been cut into.
3. Fall foliage
Bring beautiful fall colors inside your home with a little help from nature. Use leaves and branches to create large arrangements in rustic-looking vases. Southern Living magazine reported that the key is to arrange the leaves by size and color just as you would a normal floral arrangement. Red maple leaves are a particularly nice focal point.
THE INFORMATION IN THESE ARTICLES IS INTENDED TO PROVIDE GUIDANCE ON THE PROPER MAINTENANCE AND CARE OF SYSTEMS AND APPLIANCES IN THE HOME. NOT ALL OF THE TOPICS MENTIONED ARE COVERED BY OUR HOME WARRANTY OR MAINTENANCE PLANS. PLEASE REVIEW YOUR HOME WARRANTY CONTRACT CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND YOUR COVERAGE.
- 4 easy fire prevention tips for your home
- Did you know these simple tricks may fix your appliances?
- 3 appliances that can become fire hazards
- How to file a claim through HMS
- Did you know- these 3 common problems could spell disaster for your heating system?
- Baby it's cold outside: How to maintain your heating system
- Did you know: certain foods should never go down your garbage disposal
- 4 reasons to renew your home warranty
- How to get your appliances ready for the holiday season
- Do you need a home warranty?