The air is chilled, the leaves are crunchy and the football games are on every Sunday! If your family and friends are diehard fans, you know that the key to an awesome viewing party is the food. Next time you host, use these three simple recipes to wow your guests.
1. Layered black bean dip
No football party is complete without chips and dip. This quick, no-bake dish is the perfect recipe when you're short on time. It uses just three main ingredients and will keep everyone satisfied until the main dish is ready. You'll need:
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) of spicy black bean dip
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Diced chives
- Chopped tomatoes
- Sliced black olives
- Minced jalapeno pepper.
In a 1-quart serving dish, layer the cream cheese, black bean dip and cheese, then sprinkle on as much of the additional ingredients as you'd like. You can also make the dip in individual plastic cups so guests aren't all crowding around one dish.
2. Hearty slow-cooked chili
You can make your main course the morning before the big game with this easy chili recipe. Just fire up your slow cooker, throw the ingredients together and then you'll be free for the rest of the day! To get started, gather:
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 28 ounces undrained diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese.
In a skillet, combine the meat and onions, then cook over medium heat for eight to 10 minutes, or until beef is brown. Drain out the fat, then place the mixture in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients, except sour cream and cheese. Stir together, then replace the cover. Cook on low for six to eight hours. When you're ready to eat, dish out the chili and serve with a dollop of sour cream and some shredded cheese.
3. Football krispies
Finally, whip up these little football-shaped treats for a dessert your fans will love. You'll need:
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups of Cocoa Krispies
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- Cooking spray
- White icing.
In a large saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat. Stir constantly until completely smooth. Remove the pan from heat and pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir until the cereal is well coated. Allow the mixture to cool for five to 10 minutes, or until it can be handled. Coat your hands with cooking spray and then shape the mixture into 2-inch footballs. Finally, pipe football lacing onto each snack with white icing. These treats are totally adorable and incredibly tasty!
The information in these articles is intended to provide guidance on the proper maintenance and care of systems and appliances in the home. Not all of the topics mentioned are covered by our home warranty or maintenance plans. Please review your home warranty contract carefully to understand your coverage.
- 4 easy fire prevention tips for your home
- Did you know these simple tricks may fix your appliances?
- 3 appliances that can become fire hazards
- How to file a claim through HMS
- Did you know- these 3 common problems could spell disaster for your heating system?
- Baby it's cold outside: How to maintain your heating system
- Did you know: certain foods should never go down your garbage disposal
- 4 reasons to renew your home warranty
- How to get your appliances ready for the holiday season
- Do you need a home warranty?