There's nothing better than a toasty warm beverage after a day spent apple picking or watching your kids play soccer. You probably whip up seasonal favorites like apple cider and hot cocoa, but there are lots of other great cool-weather drinks that you and your family will love. These three recipes are easy to make and might quickly become your new favorite fall drinks!
1. Spiced chai tea
Chai is a delicious and warming tea to serve during autumn, as it's bursting with flavor from the mixture of spices. This recipe is for a chai mix that you add into regular black tea. Feel free to adjust the measurements to suit your tastes. This recipe calls for:
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 5 teaspoons cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
To prepare, simply mix all the ingredients together in an air-tight container. Brew a cup of strong black tea, then add 1 tablespoon of your chai mix. Stir well and garnish with a cinnamon stick. You'll love the spicy aroma and the unique combination of tastes. Store the extra milk mixture in the refrigerator so you can have another cup later!
2. Warm buttered rum
While your children enjoy a cup of hot chocolate, mix up an adult beverage for yourself. This recipe is rich and will warm you up in a quick minute. To prepare, first gather:
- 4 ounces hot milk
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 1 tablespoon butter.
In a mug, dissolve the brown sugar into the milk. Add the rum and stir well. Finally, place the butter on top of the liquids and sprinkle with nutmeg to taste. The butter will quickly melt and leave you with a rich and delicious treat.
3. Coconut hot chocolate
This last recipe is a tropical twist on a fall favorite. It's great for both kids and adults! To make coconut hot chocolate, you'll need:
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, mix the milks. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Whisk in the cocoa powder until it dissolves, then remove the pan from heat. Stir in the vanilla and separate into mugs. Top off your hand-warming treat with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- 4 easy fire prevention tips for your home
- Did you know these simple tricks may fix your appliances?
- 3 appliances that can become fire hazards
- How to file a claim through HMS
- Did you know- these 3 common problems could spell disaster for your heating system?
- Baby it's cold outside: How to maintain your heating system
- Did you know: certain foods should never go down your garbage disposal
- 4 reasons to renew your home warranty
- How to get your appliances ready for the holiday season
- Do you need a home warranty?